Verification of ABB Certification
The American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) provides primary source verification for all ABB certificants. Verification of ABB certification may be completed online, with immediate feedback, by placing an order through the ABB website.
|Certification Type||Technical Disciplines|
|(BCLD) Bioanalyst Clinical Laboratory Director (minimum of 3 of the following 5 disciplines)||Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Hematology, Microbiology or Public Health Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics|
|(HCLD) High-complexity Clinical Laboratory Director (at least one discipline)||Andrology, Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Embryology, Hematology, Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics, Public Health Microbiology|
|(PHLD) Public Health Laboratory Director||Public Health Microbiology|
|(ELD) Embryology Laboratory Director||Embryology|
|(ALD) Andrology Laboratory Director||Andrology|
|(CC) Clinical Consultant||Provides consultation to the clients of a laboratory|
|(TS) Technical Supervisor||Andrology, Chemistry, Diagnostic Immunology, Embryology, Hematology, Microbiology, Molecular Diagnostics, Public Health Microbiology|
* The only technical discipline that will be verified for ABB Director certifications is the discipline of Molecular Diagnostics. Any technical disciplines for the Technical Supervisor (TS) will be verified.
Provisional status (indicates diplomates/certificants who have not fulfilled the required CE requirement) refer to the instructions below to order a verification of certification.
|Options for Verifying ABB Certification|
Fee: $16 non-refundable
|Verification of certification can be ordered online by members, employers, third party screening agencies, and background search firms from the ABB website.|
Written Verification for State Licensing Board
Fee: $29 non-refundable
|Certificants can complete and submit the online request form.|
Written Verification for Third Party (e.g., Employer, Screening Agency, Background Search Firm)
Fee: $29 non-refundable
|Complete and submit the online request form.|
Online Verification provides immediate on-screen results that are available at the time the order is placed. A printable option will also be provided. Note: online renewal payments will be processed within three (3) business days. Please allow time after an individual has renewed before using the online verification.
- An email with a link that is valid for 24 hours will also be forwarded to you.
Written Verification (hardcopy, email, fax) for State Licensing Boards* (CA, FL, GA, HI, LA, MT, ND, NV, RI, TN, and WV) will be processed within 5 business days. You will receive a copy (by U.S. Postal Service or email) of the verification letter forwarded to the designated state agency once your request has been processed.
- Please follow-up directly with the State Licensing Board concerning the status of your application for state licensure.
- Written Verification to a Third Party (e.g., Employer, Screening Agency, Background Search Firm) will be processed within 5 business days. In addition, the certificate holder will also receive a copy of the verification letter forwarded by U.S. Postal Service or fax once the request has been processed.
How to Place an Online Order
Fees: $16 per individual online request
- Before placing your first online order, you will be prompted to login to your existing account or to create an account. Please do not create a duplicate account. (If you are not sure if you already have an active account please contact the ABB office at 314-241-1445. If you cannot remember the email or password used to login, please click the forgot password link and follow the instructions.)
You will be required to login each time you place an order for verification of ABB credentials.
Under "FIND ABB CERTIFICATIONS" enter:
- Membership ID number
- Last name (exactly as shown on the ABB certificate, including umlauts, hyphens, spaces, and accent marks)
- Your credit/debit card will be charged a separate fee for each request submitted, whether or not there is a match.
For each request, results will include an individual's certification, valid end date, certification type, and technical disciplines.
- Results will only include certifications that were active within the last three years.
- Renewal payments will be processed by the ABB administrative office within three (3) business days of submission. The certification information, including certification end date, provided by the online verification system will not reflect a renewal until the payment has been processed.
The option to print verification results from ABB’s website is available at the time the onscreen results are provided or via the emailed link, which is valid for 24 hours after submitting your request.
Note: Once submitted, fees are non-refundable.