Effective June 7, 2010, the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB) application for certification MUST be completed online. Only applications completed online will be accepted for review. A "Sample Application" can be printed for your information and reference, but only an application completed online will be accepted for certification. If you have any questions or experience any difficulty completing the online application, please contact ABB.
Before you proceed to fill out the online application, make sure you will be able to provide the following information where applicable.
- Education information - institutions attended, locations, dates, and degrees obtained.
- Employment history - institutions, addresses and telephone numbers, positions held and duties performed, and dates.
- License or certification (include Medicare, CLIA, state, etc.).
- Curriculum vitae, list of scientific papers published and awards received. You will be able to upload a scanned version of this information.
- Academic transcripts (U.S. and international) must be forwarded to the ABB Office directly from the issuing institution and must be official and contain the seal of the educational institution. Transcripts can be forwarded by U.S. mail to: ABB, 906 Olive Street, Suite 1200, St. Louis, Missouri 63101 or electronically to email@example.com. All degrees received from educational institutions outside the United States must be evaluated for equivalency by an agency acceptable to the American Board of Bioanalysis (ABB). Click here to view a list of acceptable agencies.
- Accepted credit cards for applying online - MasterCard, VISA, American Express and Discover. Credit Card Authorization Form
All items throughout the application must be completed. Please designate "not applicable" where necessary. You will Not be able to edit information in the application after payment has been submitted.
Print your application/notary page. You MUST complete the notary page and mail it to ABB, 906 Olive Street, Suite 1200, Saint Louis, MO 63101-1448. Retain the application pages for your records.
Please allow a minimum of six to eight weeks to process your application because receipt of documentation, such as transcripts and employer verifications, takes time. Contact the ABB office anytime to ask about the status of your application. However, decisions made by the board with regard to your application will only be conveyed by formal written correspondence from the ABB office, not by telephone.