Florida Rules and Regulations
1.5 Contact Hours (PEER-approved)
Price: Member - $30. Nonmember - $45
Available for viewing: 90 days
In this session the student will review Florida Rules and Regulations.
Includes video/slides recorded May 19, 2018, in conjunction with the AAB Conference in Orlando.
The student will gain the ability to examine areas of strengths and weaknesses in the subject area, and the knowledge and skill to challenge the MT/MLT certification exam. Study skills and keys to test success will also be covered.
This course is designed primarily for MLT/MT/CLS students and recent graduates to prepare for board certification examinations. It is also appropriate for current laboratorians looking to refresh their knowledge, learn about a new field, or earn CE credit.
Carleen Van Siclen, TS(ABB), Mayo Clinic
How to Record CE credit
All AAB Members or ABB Diplomates/Certificants have a profile. If you have not activated your login access, call the AAB office at 314-241-1445 for assistance.
If you already have a profile and create a new one when ordering online programs, the CE credits you obtained will not be recorded in your record.
NOTE: Individuals may purchase an online course as many times as they wish. However, continuing education credit will only be awarded once within a two year recording period.
Example of how CE credits would be awarded: If your recording period is January 2014-December 2015, you could purchase the Cryopreservation of Reproductive Cells and Tissues online course in 2014 and receive CE credits. You could not take the Cryopreservation of Reproductive Cells and Tissues course again and receive CE credits in 2015. However, you could take and receive CE credits for the Cryopreservation of Reproductive Cells and Tissues course again in January 2016.
PEER-approved CE credit totals are based on lecture video time and quiz questions.
How to purchase and begin taking a course/module:
- Select "Register" below and continue to the login page.
- Log in using your username (email address) and password. Review and update your profile with any new information. Click the "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page to continue to Step 2. If you do NOT have a profile with the American Association of Bioanalysts, you will need to create one. (Please read the box to the right for important information about creating a profile.)
- In Step 2, confirm your registration selection, click “proceed,” and continue to Step 3 to enter your payment information. The next page will be the "Enrollment Confirmation" page.
- On the "Enrollment Confirmation" page, you can immediately begin the course by clicking, "Click here to begin the course." If you want to take the course later, refer to the registration confirmation email that is automatically sent to you after registering for a course. The email contains a link to begin the course and a link for the related quiz. KEEP THIS EMAIL.
- For security purposes, when you click the link to the course, you will be prompted to log in, enter your username and password. This takes you to the course page.
- Click the course link and begin.
- After viewing the course, return to the course page via the back button in your internet browser to take the quiz. You must complete the quiz with a grade of 70% or greater to receive your CE credits. You can take the quiz as many times as needed. You can refer to the link in your registration confirmation email to view the course or take the quiz at anytime within your 90-day enrollment period.
- After successfully completing the quiz, you will be prompted to print a certificate for your records, AAB/ABB's Professional Enrichment Educational Renewal (PEER) office is electronically notified when AAB members and ABB Diplomates and Certificants complete a course, therefore, your record will automatically update with the CE credits that you received.