Molecular Diagnostics (Recorded 2015)
These courses are designed for medical technologists (MTs), laboratory technicians (MLTs) and medical laboratory science students seeking a review or continuing education. Also excellent basic refreshers or continuing education opportunities for directors, managers and technical supervisors.
This course provides a basic review of molecular diagnostics including nucleic acid biochemistry, principles of molecular diagnostics, and clinical applications of molecular diagnostics.
- Discuss the theory of nucleic acid biochemistry.
- Explain the principles of molecular diagnostics to include pre-analytical, analytical, and post-analytical processes.
- Describe the clinical applications of molecular diagnostics.
Nucleic Acid Biochemistry
Nucleic Acid Structure and Modification
Principles of Molecular Diagnostics
Applications of Molecular Diagnostics
Basic Knowledge (Recorded 2018)
- General Operations Knowledge
- Weights and Measures
- Quality Control/Quality Assurance
- Patient Test Management
- Personnel Policies and Practices
- Laboratory Equipment
- Qualifications of Testing Personnel
- General Safety
- Regulatory Compliance
Available for viewing: 120 days
Approved for 0.40 CEU
This purchase includes a hardcopy of the PER Basic Laboratory Knowledge Manual (over 75 pages). Free shipping within the United States for the manual. For orders outside the United States, contact the AAB office by telephone 314-241-1445 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org for the shipping price.
View courses through Internet Explorer for best results.
How to purchase and begin taking the course:
Log in using your username (email address) and password. Review and update your profile with any new information. Click the "Save and Continue" at the bottom of the page to continue to Step 2. If you do NOT have a profile with the American Association of Bioanalysts, you will need to create one. (Please read the box to the right for important information about creating a profile.) In Step 2, confirm your registration selection, click “proceed,” and continue to Step 3 to enter your payment information. The next page will be the "Enrollment Confirmation" page. On the "Enrollment Confirmation" page, you can immediately begin the course by clicking, "Click here to begin the course." If you want to take the course later, refer to the registration confirmation email that is automatically sent to you after registering for the course. The email contains a link to begin the course and a link for the related quiz. KEEP THIS EMAIL.
- For security purposes, when you click the link to the course, you will be prompted to log in, enter your username and password. This takes you to the course page. Click the course link and begin.
- After viewing the course, return to the course page via the back button in your internet browser to take the quiz. You must complete the quiz with a grade of 70% or greater to receive your CEUs. You can take the quiz as many times as needed. You can refer to the link in your registration confirmation email to view the course or take the quiz at anytime within your 120-day enrollment period.
- After successfully completing the quiz, you will be prompted to print a certificate for your records, AAB/ABB's Professional Enrichment Educational Renewal (PEER) office is electronically notified when AAB members and ABB Diplomates and Certificants complete a course, therefore, your record will automatically update with the CEUs that you received.
IMPORTANT: Make sure your CEUs are recorded! All AAB Members or ABB Diplomates/Certificants have a profile. If you have not activated your login access, call the AAB office at 314-241-1445 for assistance. If you already have a profile and create a new one when ordering online programs, the CEUs you obtained will not be recorded in your record.